Prison Hepatitis B Vaccination Monitoring Programme
- Gilbert RL, Costella A, Piper M, Gill ON. Increasing hepatitis B vaccine coverage in prisons in England and Wales. Commun Dis Public Health 2004, 7: 306-311 (PDF, 656 KB)
- Hope VD, Ncube F, Hickman M, Judd A, Parry JV. Hepatitis B vaccine uptake among injection drug users in England 1998 to 2004: is the prison vaccination programme driving recent improvements? Journal of Viral Hepatitis 2007; 14:653-660
- Sutton AJ, Gay NJ, Edmunds WJ, Andrews NJ, Hope VD, Gilbert R et al. Modelling the hepatitis B vaccination programme in prisons. Epidemiology and Infection 2006, 134, 231-242 (PDF, 169 KB)
- Sutton AJ, Gay NJ and Edmunds WJ. Modelling the impact of prison vaccination on hepatitis B transmission within the injecting drug user population of England and Wales. Vaccine 2006, 24, 13: 2377-2386 (PDF, 300 KB)
- Hutchinson et al. (2004). (PDF, 66 KB)
Sudden rise in uptake of hepatitis B vaccination among injecting drug users associated with a universal vaccine programme in prisons - Vaccine 23 210-214]
Injecting Drug Users
Infectious diseases in Prison
- Anderson C, Story A, Brown T, Drobniewski F, Abubakar I. Tuberculosis in UK prisoners: a challenge for control. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2010.
- Weild AR, Gill ON, Bennett D, Livingstone SJ, Parry JV, Curran L. Prevalence of HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C antibodies in prisoners in England and Wales: a national survey. Commun Dis Public Health 2000 Jun; 3(2):121-6.
- C Skipper, JM Guy, J Parkes, P Roderick, WM Rosenburg. Evaluation of a prison outreach clinic for the diagnosis and prevention of hepatitis C: implications for the national strategy. Gut 2003, 52:1500-1504.
- Gilbert RL, O'Connor T, Mathew S, Allen K, Piper M, Gill ON. Hepatitis A vaccination - a prison-based solution for a community-based outbreak? Commun Dis Public Health 2004, 4: 289-293. (PDF, 708 KB)
- Jurgens R. HIV/AIDS and HCV in prisions. A select annotated bibliography. Ottawa: Health Canada, November 2005.